Start Your Mobile Startup: Know Your Numbers
Fast growth and disruptive innovations are a few of the keys to financial success. Oftentimes over-looked is the importance of having a business plan, knowing how to forecast and providing accurate numbers. Knowing your numbers can improve valuations and maximize your return.
Our next installment of Start Your Mobile Startup will provide perspective and practical information for entrepreneurs who will seek fresh capital or expect to sell his or her company. Certainly, every entrepreneur dreams of massive financial return on all that sweat equity, but the reality of selling one’s company can be another story.
The next Mobile LAVA program will answer some of the following questions:
- What are the key metrics that investors look at when make a buy decision?
- Do I need a full-time or part-time CFO and what should an early-stage company’s finance infrastructure look like?
- What are some of the pitfalls to forecasting and what can I do to improve accuracy?
- What do I need to know about income taxes and how to avoid tax surprises?
- When entering into revenue contracts, what should I be thinking about?
- When is the right time to engage profession service firms (attorneys, bankers or accountants)?
- Should I be thinking about stepping onto the audit treadmill?
- When is the right time to engage EY?
- What makes for a good term sheet, and what are the effects of dilution with follow-on rounds of funding?